Friday, March 25, 2011

My Fab Friday Finds...


I went to Goodwill today to see what they had and was so excited to find a few things! 
Usually, I go and get caught in a mental block, but I found some fun items that I can make something out of.


I found a basket that I think I am going to use in the boys' bathroom,
but I think I want to paint it first...



I may also redo the handle so it will lay down to the side
because it just looks weird sticking straight up...

I liked it because it's wide and deep.
I think it would be perfect for holding toilet paper or rolled towels.

I also found a cute cage-looking thing that I am going to paint white and distress
to give it an older look.

It has some grass in it already and I don't know what I am going to do with it...

keep it...throw it out...?


I was really excited to find these two white shelves that are just so shabby chic


I think I might put them in the boys' bathroom as well...
I love the scalloped edges...very cute and classy!

I also found this round copper pot. 
I thought it might be cute hanging on the porch. 

I am thinking about antiquing an old diningroom chair that I have in the garage,
 and using it on the porch.
I am going to hang the pot above it...

sideways pictures are cool right? :)
The only dilemma holding me back is the fact that we are saving up for our Disney vacation,
so all of my projects are on hold until we get back and have some money.

BOOOOO for no money!
YAAAAA for vaca in Disney!

2 comments:

Monica said...

You've got some great finds!! I'm participating in the “Week-End Blog Hop” and I’m now the newest GFC follower of your great site. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog, have a look around and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Janice said...

Very nice finds and useful too! :D Thanks for visiting my site and grabbing my button! I really appreciate it. Want to follow you but can't seem to find a follow button anywhere. Tried adding you to my blogspot reading list but it seems like I maxed out on the allowed number of blogs to follow!