Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Spiritual Cleansing...

As I said in my previous blog, I have had a hard few weeks. With my husband working A LOT of overtime and myself having virtually no work (no work = no $), the kids not behaving at their best, various family issues and the like, I have had my fill of all things annoying, upsetting and just plain sad and depressing.  Therefore, I have been spending a lot of time engrossing myself in God's Word, asking for forgiveness, begging him for the answers and listening to what He has to say. He IS the only one with all the right answers so He is the only one I truly trust.  Through all of this praying and listing, I feel an urging from the Lord to re-evaluate my life, who I am, who I want to become and who and what I invite into my world. I have heard this message before, but until now I haven't been a good listener because I am a "Give it the benefit of the doubt" kinga girl, but starting today, I have finally...FINALLY decided to listen to Him. I am cleaning out my life and starting this week, this year, on a positive road to redemption. I am removing bad influences, bad thoughts, bad words, bad feelings, bad everything. I have finally come to realize that I can't fight for what I think is right for me, I have to fight for what the Lord thinks is right for me.
I have to clear out things that aren't good for me and aren't positive influences so that I can be a better person. I need things that will bring me closer to Christ and not pull me further and further away. In this, I will become closer to myself, my husband and children, and my Christian brothers and sisters. I don't like to have to purge those things that I hold close to myself, but I have to listen to the Lord and do as He says so I can assure my place in Heaven, my true eternal home. I have to work on being not just a good mother, wife, daughter, friend and Christian, but a better mother, wife, daugher, friend and Christian!  Tell me, how can I do that allowing evil or sin to come into my home where it can affect myself, my children and my marriage? There is no possible way!


Don't get me wrong, we are all born into sin and I am full of sin, and that is why I need to make these changes. This life is not about me, it's about Him and I want to be what He wants me to be and so far, I have not been fulfilling what He has planned for me. I have been a sinful wife, a sinful mother, a sinful friend and a sinful Christian and, until I purge that sin in my life, both what I am doing and what others are doing, I will fall short of what His plans are, though we all will fall short of His glory, I want to make sure that I fall as short as I possibly can. I want to be the person God created me to be and I am starting to become that person today. 


Will you join me in ridding your life of sin and helping others to rid their lives of sin as well? This is going to be extremely hard.  Every single thing that God asks you to do is going to be hard, but He promised that he will never give us anything that we can't handle:

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 (New International Version, ©2011)
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

***WARNING***
This video will most definitely make you cry!


No comments: